Harris Corporation is a leadingtechnology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
- Support the Commodity Teams by regularly providing supplier performance data and suggestions for improvement and provide end-to-end visibility of the entire supply chain utilizing Quality Engineering principles.
- Monitor supplier performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
- Manage the supply chain to reduce variability, increase reliability and on-time delivery, provide end-to-end visibility of the entire supply chain.
- Focus on problem prevention, supplier quality control, continuous improvement, data collection and reporting, along with Supplier Corrective and Preventative Action related to material quality issues.
- Facilitate Part/Process Qualification by suppliers.
- Create First Article Acceptance Plans and methods.
- Manage material inspection plans and methods on production material.
- Work with engineering, suppliers, and manufacturing to ensure a smooth transition from concept to prototype to production on materials for new products.
- Support domestic and global out-source activities as business dictates.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) team by assisting with the identification and evaluation of suppliers.
- Perform Bill of Material reviews and develop mitigation plans that reduce the likelihood of quality or delivery issues.
- BS Engineeringdegree with 6+ years of experience in quality or manufacturing
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Communications (RF) Product experience is a plus.
- Experience with supplier evaluation and qualification.
- Experience in statistical process control, Failure Modes & Effects Analysis, Measurement System Analysis, Process Capability Studies, Corrective & Preventive Action, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Risk Analysis experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel on occasion.
- Experience in PCB fabrication is a plus.