Who We Are:
We are a diverse team of Quality Engineers supporting programs and projects in multiple technical divisions across the Institute, including Space Science and Engineering, Defense and Intelligence Solutions, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Intelligent Systems and more.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as the primary quality point of contact for multiple spaceflight hardware projects with NASA, DoD, and commercial customers.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Review customer quality requirement flowdown and assist with creation of appropriate product assurance implementation plans.
- Participate in design reviews, fabrication, and test readiness reviews.
- Coordinate customer mandatory inspection activities.
- Provide quality assurance release review and change approval for engineering drawings, test procedures, and critical document deliverables.
- Provide quality assurance release review and change approval for fabrication traveler documents (manufacturing planning sheets) and nonconformance tracking and closure approval.
- Monitor or witness critical functional and environmental tests of deliverable hardware as required.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science
- Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ certification) or similar is a plus
- 10 years: Experience operating in or supporting an AS 9100, ISO 9001, or ISO 17025 quality management system required
- Familiarity with NASA 8739 or IPC J-STD-001 standards or the desire to learn these standards
- Experience with design and fabrication support for spaceflight or high reliability electronic and mechanical hardware or an interest in learning these principles
- Experience with or ability to be trained on environmental (vibration, thermal, EMI/EMC) acceptance testing and / or functional testing of spaceflight or high reliability hardware
- Material Review Board and Failure Review Board and nonconformance closure and tracking experience or desire to learn these concepts
- Experience in the aerospace industry and with NASA/ESA/DOD quality and safety requirements or ability to learn these requirements
- A valid/clear driver's license is required