This is an exempt position reporting to the ESH&Q/Training Manager. This position will be responsible for leading the Self-Assessment Program, Lessons Learned Program, and Document Control. This position will also be responsible for performing Quality Control (QC) for key business functions including procurements, invoicing, and the submission of legal records.
- Lead Document Control – Ensure all internal procedures, policies, and work documents are placed in the required formats and the records are controlled in a secured manner.
- Coordinate the Site's comprehensive Self-Assessment Program - Provide critical self-evaluation of site performance processes or areas that are in need of improvement, and evaluate the effectiveness of previous improvement actions, including development of appropriate metrics. Prepare quarterly status reports for the Site Manager. Perform a semi-annual review of BWSR Audit, Surveillance, and Audit Program (ASAP) program. Prepare site-semi-annual self-assessment report for Site Manager's approval.
- Support BWSR's Performance Assurance Manager by submitting completed semi-annual self-assessment reports.
- Lead the Lessons Learned Program – Share lesson learned information with workforce and other BWSR sites. Prepare lessons learned report with assistance from department managers. Manage lessons learned database.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis events and organizational learning for events of interest.
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Conduct reviews of engineering documents, internal procedures, policies, standing orders, and letters to ensure consistent formatting, grammar, and that the information presented can be clearly understood by the target audience. Provide comments and feedback to the authors of the above documents.
- Provide independent oversight and Quality Control for key business functions/practices including procurements, invoicing and legal records. Provide regular reports and trend analysis of findings to the Site Manager.
- Support additional assignments by the Site Manager.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience. 14 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree with customer approval.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills, be self-motivated, able to multi-task and coordinate with several groups.
- Ability to resolve routine questions and problems while referring more complex questions to appropriate levels.
- Proficient in common office software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Presentations, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) "L" security clearance.
- Must be able to complete and maintain all training and qualifications required for the position.
- Prior experience in the Naval Nuclear Power Program (NNPP) is highly preferred.