The Software QA Lead will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. They will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The primary responsibility of this position is to help develop quality software and maintain test infrastructure.
- Review and analyze stakeholder requirements and system specifications. Able to manufacture high quality requirements and test plans.
- Collaborate with team members to develop effective strategies and test plans including estimation of test efforts
- Build and maintain test cases tracing back to requirements
- Execute test cases, analyze results and provide overall progress on test status
- Manage, participate and lead the Defect Triage process
- Manage testing across multiple projects at the same time
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Provide development and project teams specific feedback on outcomes, expected outcomes, and system behaviors
- Establish and follow quality assurance policies and procedures
- Mentor QA team members and share expertise
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing, at times outside of standard business hours.
- Maintain test environments i.e. data loads and data sets, requesting deployments, and troubleshooting issues
- Conduct performance, regression, system, integration and user acceptance testing using black box and white box testing procedures.
- Review, and amend as necessary, department process to ensure maximum level of productivity and cost efficiencies
- Works closely with software development staff, release engineers, business analysts, databasedevelopers and product owners to diagnose technical and quality issues, identify potential software limitations, resolve defects and verify corrective actions.
- At least five years of Software Quality Assurance and Testing to include automated testing tools (for example: Selenium, Specflow/Cucumber, Ranorex, Test Professional, Microsoft Test Suites)
- Excellent interpersonal, documentation, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) needed
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall software development testing
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- ‘Test to Break’ mentality
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Industry knowledge also a plus: Logistics, Purchase Order, Warehouse Management
- Ability to alter automated test scripts
- Able to write SQL to facilitate job duties
- Experience working in a software shop working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Ability to break down requirements into Gherkin language and effectively communicate with product owners and development staff.