The Lead QAD Business Analyst will be responsible for providing functional Project, production and operational support and enhancements to business processessupported by QAD ERP and associated business applications.
QAD Systems Analyst/Developer: Analyze customer requirements and write detailed specifications (and test plans) to enhance existing QAD application. Develop code per requirements and specs. Work with project stakeholders on a daily basis.
The IT organization within Watts WaterTechnologies isresponsible for the implementation, maintenance and development of Information Systems and supporting ICTinfrastructure for all Watts WaterTechnologiescompanies globally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide QAD (MFG/Pro) application level support, delivering solutions for incident resolution and identifying business process improvement opportunities.
- Manage application service and change requests (problem resolution, new features, new structures, configuration settings).
- Develop technical specs from functional requirements
- Manage expectations with key stakeholders (Customers, PM’s and Business Analysts. Etc.) as to delivery and status of the deliverables
- Creating / Suggesting system solutions and modifications that increase productivity
- Review, analyze, construct, and modify business application systems including coding, testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Understand business and technical requirements; develop, document, and implement solution designs in business areas of : Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain
- Ensures that the solutions leverage the standard configuration settings and that the technical designs are documented.
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Follow and enhance established design, development, source code management, and deployment processes.
- Take on ownership of the projects and tasks assigned.
- Provide on-callsupport and duties.
- Position entails some IT project management activity.
- Coordinate and maintain the configuration of QAD ERP modules in multiple instances.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of user support and training modules and manuals.
- Contribute to training key users in support of upgrades and enhancements to QAD ERP system
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.
- Functional background in the following business processes: Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Minimum 10 years overall IT experience that includes: experience developing with Progress GL.
- Experience analyzing customer requirements and translating them into detailed specifications and test plans. Experience in Unix/Linux development.
- Functional background with business process, several years of QAD support and configuration
- Proven implementation / troubleshootingexperience (minimum 5 years) with QAD ERP-systems down to a component level in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working QAD eB2.1 applications module development (Required) Progress Version 10 or Above (Preferred)
- Experience with EDI and CIM load tools
- Technical proficiency in Progress 4GL, SQL, Java, XML, AIX and Linux is a plus.
- Understanding of SDLC and IT Service Management processes, preferably ITIL.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Preferredlocation is North Andover MA or Franklin NH.
- Travel 10%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.