Make a difference
Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you'll collaborate with experts. You'll join successful teams contributing to our clients' success. You'll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance your career with the latest emerging technologies.
- The Lead Performance Engineer is a senior software development resource that is highly skilled with development languages and coding practices such that they can design, develop, review, validate, and optimize software solutions in a way that ensures that delivered products and services are performant, scalable and reliable regardless of the volume of transactions or execution concurrency that is expected.
- In addition to code review and optimization, this role also performs performance and chaos testing tasks, creates/updates automation scripts as required, and contributes to the design, delivery, and support of department related custom software and tools.
- This engineer is the primary contact for any DPRD delivery studio for triage and resolution of performance or stability issues in production and development.
- Designs distributed, internet scale solutions that prevent service disruptions.
- Develops custom software solutions in alignment with assigned stories.
- Performs code and documentation reviews and provides documented feedback on code quality, performance limiters, and adherence to best practices
- Performs quality assurance activities and develops bug fixes.
- Follows QA processes, standards, and best practices to test and implement.
- Participates in the evaluation of software according to specific guidelines and protocols.
Analyzes data requirements for application performance/scalability.
Evaluates test executions that do not meet performance or scalability targets and provides corrective measures to the development and support teams to correct.
Writes defect reports and performs triage of performance defects.
Assists in the creation of test strategy and plans for performance, high availability, monitoring of environment validation.
- Participates in developing and executing automation of manual processes
Creates an automation test plan for specific features or disciplines within a solution, in alignment with the overall strategy.
Is able to understand and analyze automation requirements, and develop and execute automated test script to satisfy solution requirements.
Captures and analyzes results; reports metrics.
- Conducts POCs and viability analysis on technology solutions.
- Communicates with internal, and sometimes external, organizations regarding test or evaluation results; may partner with engineering teams to interpret feedback and integrate into product iterations.
- Assists in the resolution of problems, and in root cause determination and future prevention strategy and design documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field or related work experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in software development and/or performance assurance testing.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering tools and processes, automation, testing frameworks and consumer-facing applications.
- Demonstrated experience with:
APM Tools - Dynatrace or AppDynamics, Sitescope
Log Analysis - Splunk, ELK
Data Visualization - Kibana, Grafana
jMeter - Scripting and Execution
Yourkit, VisualVM, Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles Proxy
Agile Methodology - Jira
Software development technologies (web servers, web scripting languages, multi-tier architectures).
Databases - Oracle, MariaDB, MSSQL, Mongo and DynamoDB