The Grand Rapids office is looking to hire a Lead QA Engineer specializing in RTCA DO-254 for Complex Hardware development. This candidate will conduct activities to ensure engineering compliance to applicable regulatory, industry, customer, and company standards. They will also be responsible for the processes, and procedures for Design Assurance of Airborne Electronic products development.
- Be responsible for providing independent assurance that External standards (including governmental, industrial, and contractual) as applicable to Avionics complex electronics assurance development
- Strong knowledge and experience in Hardware, Software and System Quality Assurance for development programs.
- Ensure all Internal GE procedures, policies, and processes applicable to engineering activities are followed and ensure the result of suitable, rigorous, and structured processes enacted throughout the product lifecycle
- Conduct assessments / audits of Engineering activities to gauge compliance with applicable regulatory, industrial, and company standards via audit, review, and other methods
- Review technical documentation with a view to Quality and Compliance requirements and act as approval authority
- Generate plans and work instructions for execution of Engineering Quality Assurance functions
- Serve as domain expert with regard to RTCA DO-254
- Participate in product level development teams
- Provide expert advice on alternative approaches to Engineering activities, when appropriate
- Ensure Quality records are maintained, metrics collected, and reports given back to the business
- Evaluate, develop, and publish quality metrics and audit results to the project team and stakeholders
- Interface with, and provide support to, regulatory authorities, customer representatives, and supplier representatives
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Quality).
Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in QA Engineering.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Strong oral and written communication skills Personal computer (PC) proficiency
- Strong personal code of ethics and high levels of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- >Strong background in aerospace electronics / avionics Engineering and development
- Strong understanding of aircraft certification processes (esp. FAA, EASA)
- Complete knowledge of RTCA DO-178B, DO-254, DO-297, SAE ARP4754A
At GE Aviation, we
are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines
or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are
dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve
some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a
dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and
development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people
is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work
collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing
cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of
ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the
state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and
unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in
reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe
for generations to come.