Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds site in Canada. Reaching half of the monthly on-line population, we are one of Canada's Top 10 digital properties and a leader in helping people find and trade goods and services, including Autos, Real Estate and Jobs. We have succeeded because we behave like a dynamic start-up, have end-to-end control of our business, and hire the best talent. We have a fun, collaborative, and engaging culture in our friendly, stylish office located in the historic King and Spadina neighbourhood in Toronto's hub of innovation.
Working with the CTO, the Lead QA Engineer will define the QA strategy, expectation and workflow across the teams and functions. You will also be an advocate and evangelist for continual quality improvement.
- Manage a team of QA engineers across the organization
- Be a people leader and advocate of continual learning and improvement for your reports
- Define quality metrics that provide openness into the health of each product release
- Deeply understand how all elements of the software components work together
- Report on test execution, defect tracking and regression for project releases
- Test Automation methodology across back-end, front-end and mobile platforms.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Web services testing for REST API, Queues and Automation (Jenkins preferred) using standard frameworks
- Knowledge of various software testing methods (Regression, Load/Stress, Code Coverage Analysis, Black/White box testing, Acceptance, Performance)
- Experience crafting effective test plans and BDD test cases
- Experience in cross-platform client testing (iOS, Android, Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox etc.)
- Experience in building test plans based on end-user scenarios
- Excellent trouble-shooting and analytical skills.
- Prior QA automation testing, quality assurance methodologies and processes experience.
- 6+ years total experience
- 5+ years multi-platform testing
- 2+ years people management
Bonus Points For:
- Experience in e-Commerce
- Experience in online advertising technology
- Experience testing native mobile applications (iOS and Android)