We are looking for Lead QA with Appian? for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Lead QA with Appian?
Job Location: ???Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Reporting to Director of Software Quality Assurance, provide senior SQA professional service, typically on a project or program basis.
- Evaluate and contribute to testab
- Lead project QA/testing effort. Lead/Manage project QA resources in Boston and Hangzhou, China.
- Understand and convert complex business requirements and functional specifications to test cases, including creation of applicable test data.
- le business requirements and functional specifications, including performance and information security.
- Develop and document comprehensive test plans for large, strategic and\or complex new development projects, enhancements to existing applications, and infrastructure upgrades of high risk.
- Coordinate and collaborate with business analyst, business/systems analyst on full scope of testing coverage for new business requirements and infrastructure upgrades.
- Collaborate with technical and project management staff on testing approach, project planning and technology reviews.
- Execute manual and automated test cases, create high quality defects, develop automated test scripts and test status reports.
- Conduct project post implementation reviews for large projects to identify lessons learned and actions for continuous improvement.
- Supervise on\offshore QA project teams in test estimation, planning and test execution and provides training to staff.
- Support Director of Quality Assurance on assigned departmental Quality improvement initiatives and take independent charge on any of the initiatives assigned.
- May or may not have direct people management responsibility.
- Escalate in timely manner resource needs/contentions and provide input for resolution
- Escalate in timely manner environment conflicts and issues and provide input for resolution
- Facilitate timely reviews of test artifacts such as test plans, test cases and obtain timely approvals/sign offs by the key stakeholders
- Facilitate timely defect triage and timely resolution of issues blocking the QA execution
- Resolve issues and prioritize actions in the absence of the direct manager
- Continuously explore ways to improve domain/business knowledge to enhance QA adequacy and accuracy, combined with capacity creation.
- Assist in test tool evaluation and recommendations
- Coordinate QA release deployment and verification
- Assist with the User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist in Smoke testing on Production checkout.
- Conform with the 'risk' escalation chain e.g. for operational issues and suspicious transactions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Coach junior QA engineers on specific SQA skills;
- Mentor or manage junior QA engineers, contractors;
- Project or program SQA responsibility;
- Assist in setting SQA team strategic goals. Directly contribute to SQA technical advancement, in tools or methodologies.
- Minimum 7+ years Development Process Lifecycle experience in the investment management industry
- Experience in leading QA
- team in large scale\complex software development releases over multiple release cycles.
- Database and web technology background
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance or equivalent
- Ability to create test plans, test cases and test data from business requirements and functional specifications
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate test strategy in writing and verbally.
- Ability to provide critiques of testing approaches and plans
- Ability to work effectively, often acting in lead position, with a distributed QA team.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies, Web Architecture and Technologies, J2EE Development Environment, WebLogic Application Server or similar Application servers.
- Hands-on development experience using test automation tools such as QTP, Selenium etc.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of UNIX commands.