About the role:
Syapse is looking for a player/coach for our QA Automation team. This is a software development role focused on designing and implementing software quality strategy for the Syapse SaaS platform and applications and providing technical direction to team members. We want to fundamentally invert the Man-Machine ratio and make it trivial (in cost and time) to perform regression, functional, and performance testing.
What does the QA Lead need?
- Successful candidates demonstrate a passion for technology AND the Syapse mission.
- 7+ years experience as a test engineer or developer including 3 leading a QA team
- Experience with RESTful API implementations, agile practices and feature estimations.
- Strong knowledge of web browser automation through web driver based or similar tools
- Strong understanding of Unix operating systems, memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency, and multithreading
- Strong understanding of database concepts, data modeling
- Strong skills with PostgreSQL, MySQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong Skills with Python or similar language
- Proficiency in TDD, BDD based frameworks like Lettuce, Selenium or similar tools
- You enjoy collaborating across teams and work well in a cross-functional environment.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
It'd be nice to have:
- Experience working in a regulated industry (e.g. finance, healthcare, etc…)
- Familiarity with CI tools like Jenkins, Circle CI etc.
- Experience working with offshore / nearshore teams
- Experience with service-oriented architecture e.g. microservices
- Specialized testing knowledge such as security or privacy testing
- Experience managing servers on Amazon Web Service (AWS) or any other cloud computing solution like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker/Kubernetes