As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you will develop and implement automated testing solutions and frameworks across RLI's application portfolio with a view to bring in testing efficiencies, lowering costs and reducing cycle times. You will develop and maintain test automation frameworks, standards and coding guidelines based on industry best practices. Finally, you will work with management and cross-functional teams to design and implement an overall QA automation strategy.
What you'll do:
- Lead standardization of test automation processes across multiple IT teams.
- Build a robust and scalable automation framework to support current and future technology stack.
- Lead selection and standardization of QA automation tools and test environment and test data management efforts. Understands and applies best practices.
- Train and mentor quality assurance staff in QA automation processes, frameworks, coding, tools and acquiring relevant automation expertise and domain knowledge.
- Serve as a technical lead for QA automation personnel, managing and assigning workloads, as necessary.
- Act as the automation SME for other IT teams to help them adopt best practices and consistent automation processes
- Evaluate and design automated scripts to ensure end-to-end test coverage, assists with execution, as needed.
- Design and implement efficient automation practices.
- Assist in the creation of a dedicated test environment and test data management practices for automation and performance testing.
- Prepare and maintain complex data sets to test logic, error handling and system workflows for automation.
- Assist in integrating automation to the CI/CD pipeline and operationalizing automated smoke tests and daily automated runs to product releases.
- Design automation metrics and track automation ROI.
- Document and report automation results to management according to required procedures.
- Estimate automated testing effort levels and skill-sets.
- Participate in Enterprise-wide selection and approval of QA related tools and training for multiple teams.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices in QA automation.
- Serve as a mentor to other IT teams implementing QA automation best practices.
- Technical hands-on experience developing automation frameworks and solutions using proprietary and/or open-source tools.
- Extensive experience with one or more automation tools like Coded-UI, Rational Functional Tester, HP Unified Functional Tester (QTP), Silk Test, Selenium WebDriver, or Protractor.
- Experience with Web Services automation (SOAP and REST) using tools like Soap-UI, WebTest, Postman, or REST Assured, including good working knowledge of XML and JSON.
- Strong working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps using one or more tools like VSTS (Azure DevOps), Team City, or Subversion.
- Experience implementing test management tools and processes using VSTS, MTM, HP ALM, JIRA, QMetry, TestRail, QAComplete or Zephyr.
- Ability to lead the implementation of test environments and test data management practices across QA.
- Ability to successfully lead an automation team.
- Ability to learn new automation tools and technology
- Ability to design and implement automation best practices in quality assurance and champion test automation practices across IT.
- Experience with performance testing or working knowledge of tools like JMeter, NeoLoad, or LoadRunner is preferred.
Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, business administration or a related field and 8 or more years of related experience. Advanced degree in Business Management a Plus. In lieu of education, 10 or more years of experience is required. Experience in or knowledge of Insurance, Surety, Financial systems and Agile, a plus.