Administration facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology. Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense system.
This position is for a technical project management position in the Global Security business to fill the need for a leader of projects that involve the research and development of bespoke solutions stemming from a variety of technological fields as well as the design and production of mechanical and electrical products.
Primary responsibilities include utilizing technical expertise to lead complex engineering programs or projects in the realm of engineering design, advanced manufacturing methods, material solutions, and simulation and modeling. The successful candidate will also be expected to manage customer interactions, develop strategies for business growth or continued follow-on work, and coordinate with engineering teams in formulating new business proposals and whitepapers.
Duties and responsibilities include a set of the following:
- Negotiates, evaluates, determines and executes engineering and program project management activities to manage one or more significant, complex program or components.
- Leads, directs, influences and exercises extensive technical and operational knowledge and expertise to evaluate and resolve significant technical issues pertinent for key project(s) or program(s).
- Participates in and formulates new strategic and market planning.
- Exercises extensive knowledge of programs and business processes to negotiate and establish achievable cost and schedule parameters for key weapons and/or reimbursable product/service programs and program elements.
- Acts as primary and first point of contact for technical, administrative, and logistical issues with Department of Energy, laboratories, other government agency sponsors, and outside project partners
- Leads multiple aspects of financial planning, monitoring, reporting, scheduling, network analysis, and preparation of technical/schedule information required for program/project planning.
- Leads teams and matrix reports managing day-to-day multi-program requirements. Represents program manager as delegated for some management responsibilities. Assists the selection and development of technical program employees.
- Guides the effective use of program/project resources including personnel, tools, and methods.
- Integrates business requirements to meet the needs of core and emerging markets.
You Must Have:
- US Citizenship (in order to obtain and maintain a security clearance)
- Technical expertise and bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience working in engineering, manufacturing, project management roles, and/or equivalent.
- Proven ability to architect new solutions by capturing and interpreting customer requirements.
- Demonstrated project management experience in managing scope, cost, and schedule on direct customer funded and PDRD projects.
- Advanced technical degree in mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years of experience interacting directly with program managers and end users of the Department of Defense
- 5+ years of experience in SPP/SIPP programs
- Experience aligning customer needs with business competencies to drive growth in both existing programs and emerging markets.
- Advanced technical skills in the areas of Digital manufacturing, high explosives effects, and/or simulation and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to effectively write technical reports and project proposals
- Ability to be company spokesperson for key programs
Must have or be eligible for asecurity clearance due tocontractual requirements. ExemptManage Customer Relationships / InterfaceBusiness StrategyFinancial PlanningTeam LeadershipTechnical Aptitude
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift