CenturyLink has an immediate need for a Lead Project Manager with the Governance team, whose responsibilities include ensuring that IT and business unit needs are fully aligned with the company?s primary objectives while improving collaboration and strategic partnerships. This position is responsible for processing all IT intake for new efforts, managing the approval, prioritization and Business Case process for IT investment work, Run the Business (RTB) requests, business case metrics reporting to all business units, and performing after action reviews for targeted programs.
- Responsible for budget and expense control for program and strategic alignment of program to business unit objectives.
- Analyzes work plans and schedules.
- Develops methodologies, procedures, and systems to produce financialreporting.
- Acts as program team leader for material change to programs after approval.
- Develops progress and status reports.
- Ensure the company?s IT investment budget is applied to system enhancements that align to corporate strategic initiatives and provide the highest return on investment.
- Manage the company?s business case approval process for IT investments while complying with corporate Finance approval standards and guidelines.
- Lead regular meetings between cross-functional business and IT teams to review new IT program requests (intake), assess business purpose and benefits, and ultimately determine overall business priority.
- Conduct financial after action reviews on targeted IT programs and present those findings to IT/Business Governance Director and senior management.
- Analyze program worthiness by comparing financial metric information such as Net Present Value, Payback, Internal Rate of Return and others.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the tactical and strategic business objectives of the company and be able to effectively communicate these to all levels.
- Enhance the flow of information and communication across multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrate leadership to identify programs at risk and work with business and IT teams to mitigate with minimal budget and schedule impacts.
- Lead ad hoc meetings between business and IT to expedite issue resolution and enable faster solution delivery.
- Display basic knowledge and understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, concepts and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6 - 8years of related experience.
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five years of program & portfolio management or IT Management experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of financial principles such as NPV, Payback, IRR, ROI and others.
- Minimum of three years experience coordinating and/supporting IT business processes.
- Experience managing program schedules, budgets and communications.
- Ability to negotiate and reach agreements between business organizations and IT.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Ability to solve complex problems through analytical approach.
- Ability to use web conferencing, teleconferencing, and video conferencing tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer relationship skills.
- Process knowledge with regard to estimation, development methods such as Agile, Dev Ops etc and process improvement background a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Data analytics and/or business objects skills a plus
- Strong group presentation skills.
- Some occasional travel may be required on a limited basis.