The Project Management Lead role is a high visibility position that drives operational and engineering requirements from conceptualization to the launch of New products portfolio. This role is ideal for individual who have experience leading projects related to the New Product Introduction (NPI) process and/or related advanced engineering initiatives. More specifically, the role oversees planning and management of projects in support of strategic plan. Manages (directly or indirectly) a larger group of engineers or a smaller group with varied technologies. Defines product and process requirements and specifications. Plans and executes projects including budget, schedule and resources. Interfaces with Senior Management, provide directions, and implement plans. Manages and drives Global Engineering initiatives for ConMed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, conducts and directs engineering projects or initiatives, normally involving several large projects or one major new system.
- Responsible for management of engineering projects from conception to completion.
- Responsible for project planning and identification of upcoming issues.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinates engineers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Makes changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary.
- Reports project status to middle and upper management.
- Responsible for project schedule and budget performance; accurate reporting of project status and issues to executive management.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Assures projects meet current FDA QSRs and applicable ISO/MDD requirements; assures that necessary new product release elements are addressed.
- Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field. · Master’s Preferred.
- 8 to 10 years of related experience including extensive experience with medical devices and FDA and ISO design controls. Experience in estimating engineering personnel needs and scheduling work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses