The successful candidate will act as a project engineer supporting the Space & Intel product lines in development efforts for programs and IRAD projects.
- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Solid technical and leadership experience.
- Experience in systems engineering with good RF design or digital communications background, RF and mixed signal circuit theory, phase lock loops, test equipment expertise, design and development process controls, proposals, and marketing presentations.
- Familiarity with firmware (VHDL) development processes.
- Experience in managing electronics design projects, preferably high reliability communications equipment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with best practices for project engineering, and program execution.
- Experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, systems, and firmware, with a background in space systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs.
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $10M+.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Ability to implement and adapt project execution plans that will achieve technical, cost, and schedule requirements
- Ability to present to internal and external customers at all levels
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.
- Possession of a Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance.