Harris is searching for talented Sr. Systems Engineers with Project Engineering expertise to join the Harris team to help design and develop cutting edge space-based visual and infra-red sensors. Our teams produce state of the art systems and products in support of many domains and varied technologies. We build systems in healthcare, weather data processing, air traffic control, law enforcement, aircraft avionics, satellite communications, wireless, cyber defense, environmental, and utilities. Activities will include the following:
- Provide systems-based Project Engineering skills to ensure programs have the staff to meet their technical, cost, and schedule requirements using EVMS metrics and MS Project
- Prepare concise reports to Senior Leadership in Fort Wayne and Melbourne
- Respond to Requests for Proposals by assembling a team and preparing the Harris response
- Support Business Development, New Pursuits, and Internal Research and Development
- Provide Team leadership in a NASA, DOD, or commercial environment.
- Lead cross-functional teams to push Harris technology forward
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other applicable degree(s) with 9+ years of Systems Engineering/Project Engineering experience, or advanced degree with 7 years of experience; or equivalent.
- 5 years experience with space-based HW and environments.
- Ability to lead teams of 15-40 skilled people.
- 5 plus years project engineering expertise in Optical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Thermal Control products.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading teams of 15-40 skilled people.
Job ID: SIS20181906-25352