Description:Job Title: Lead Project Engineer (Software) Job Code: SAS20212510-71481 Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO Job Description:
- Responsible for successfully leading the execution of Space System project teams to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule
- Leads the implementation and execution of the project
- Works closely with Project Engineering Group Leads to ensure best practices are followed.
- Oversees the development of the cost/schedule/technical aspects of new development projects and sustainment projects.
- Provide leadership to project teams to manage project execution to meet customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Works closely with the Product Line manager to identify project risk and with the Chief System Engineer to ensure risk management mitigation strategies and events are being planned and executed correctly
- Understands how to use Earned Value (EV) to guide the success of a project.
- Able to support proposals for new work in a growing business.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with best practices for Project Engineering, EVMS, and program execution.
- Experience developing concept solutions through proposal submittal and evaluation
- Experience in leading large Agile software development teams
- Expereince in managing DevOps or DevSecOps processes
- Active Secret Clearance required
- Experience in mentoring through a constant commitment to help others meet their full potential.
- Possession of Top-Secret Security Clearance and eligible for SCI
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs.
- Work closely with Program Manager and Chief System Engineers
- Comprehensive subject matter expert on the Mission Avionics Programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of Project Engineering and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; optical, mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and thermal engineering with a background in Mission Avionics systems
- Exposure to Government contracts and how they are organized and place on contract.
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $20M+.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Experience across a product engineering lifecycle.
- Experience in influencing changes to practices, processes and approaches to improve execution across an organization.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $99,500.00 MIN - $184,500.00 MAX. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering--Systems Location USA - CO - Colorado Springs