The International Systems Development & Architecture department provides & supports technology based solutions by creating, building, implementing and maintaining various banking products and services offered to International Banking customers through various delivery channels. Multiple technology platforms are used, including IBM mid-range & web technologies.
Reporting to a Senior Manager Development, the Lead Programmer Analyst (Lead Programmer) will actively participate in all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC). The Lead Programmer will work in a multi-disciplinary development project team environment, which includes International Banking Systems (IBS) staff, partners in other geographies and external vendors.
Infrequent travel to international locations may occur. The ability to communicate (verbal/written) in Spanish is desired. When required, there may be weekend or evening work to complete projects.
1. Develop cost effective and efficient applications to meet business objectives by analyzing user requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards. In addition, must ensure software, programs and applications developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
2. Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
3. Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
4. Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
5. Maintain a good understanding of the Division's business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and back-office processing. In addition, provide effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
6. Ensure the department's objectives are met by assisting in recruiting qualified staff, providing input to performance appraisals on time and maintaining up to date knowledge of technology, industry and business practices.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have at least 5-7 years of hands-on technical working experience with systems analysis, design, development and debugging with the following technologies - J2EE / Core Java & SQL for stored procedures & queries.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience with IBM Websphere or JBoss; AIX or Linux OS & MS SQL Server and Sybase.
• Must have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills in English. The same in Spanish is desired.
• Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
• Possess excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in MS Office productivity tools.
• Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
• Hands-on technical working experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using Web Services, utilizing either SOAP or RESTful APIs is highly desired.
• Hands-on technical working experience with Microservices, Cloud, DevOps is an asset.
• Working knowledge of customer-facing online banking applications would be an asset.
• Experience working with offshore development vendors would be an asset
Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering or related technology field.
Requisition ID: 639.