Description:Job Title: Lead, Program Scheduler (Secret) Job Code: SAS20212411-73296 Job Location: Palm Bay, FL Job Description:
Duties include managing the developing and maintenance of complex program schedules including resource loading and Earned Value Analysis. Individual will help develop the format, tools and tracking/reporting methods to be used as the company refines its Program Planning and Scheduling processes for standardization and enterprise wide resource management. This position also supports the programs in developing plans and integrating inputs from all programs. Qualified candidates will interface with all elements of the program team to develop and support regular maintenance of the program IMS.
Candidates will perform schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, Critical path, Driving Path, Variance metrics, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines per DECM metrics. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews. Essential Functions:
- Develop integrated master schedules using IMP, SOW and WBS.
- Creates and tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Working knowledge of Planning & Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG), Version 4.0, EVMS Standard (EIA 748-D), Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD), and Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) strongly desired.
- Capability to perform Critical Path Analysis, Schedule Risk Analysis, and Schedule Metric Analysis - such as BEI, CPLI, SPI, etc.
- Experience with driving IMS and team engagement during customer IBR and internal SUR.
- Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Typically, responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes/recommends substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Perform regular analysis of program schedules to evaluate program and enterprise wide resource needs through the integration of all program schedules including metrics on schedule status, critical path analysis, schedule variance analysis, network logic validation and program baseline maintenance including support of Earned Value Management performance metrics.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate integrated master plan and integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensures projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.) when necessary.
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Develop new concepts or standards.
- Attend and lead scheduling status reviews and conduct briefings with senior leaders which requires ability to communicate matters of importance to the function or business area.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team's views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Participate in schedule training, engineering and program excellence organization.
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with some impact on department results.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- BS/BA Degree in Finance or Business with 9 years' relevant experience or an MA/MS with 2 years of relevant experience. Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- 5 years of MS Project Experience.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and any Supporting Schedules on assigned projects/programs; creating and presenting project-level reports, presentations and deliverables that reflect risk and status to program management and senior management relating to the IMS is required.
- Active Secret clearance
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Monte Carlos Risk Analysis (Schedule Risk Analysis)
- Working knowledge of Electronic Warfare, Avionics, and/or Space programs.
- Structured Solutions - SSI tools management
- Program management and or Coordination, SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) process
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables.
- EVMS - Earned Value Management Systems
- Experience working cross-functionally and can effectively communicate to accomplish strategic vision of Program Management Excellence Organization (PMEO)
Expertise Program Management Location USA - FL - Palm Bay