Star2Star Communications has a core purpose: to reshape the ways productive people collaborate and cooperate and to make each of us more powerfully enabled in our working lives. We are one of the fastest-growing Business Class Unified Communications firms in the world and Star2Star has built a sophisticated, OpenStack modular infrastructure of three primary tiers: a voice services platform, a set of business application services, and a front-end presentational layer. We have a fast-paced culture that rewards initiative, creativity, and your hard work with competitive compensation, health insurance, and 401K matching.
The position is a player/coach role responsible for defining and driving a set of initiatives while simultaneously providing leadership and coaching to a team of project managers to successfully develop and launch software products and services.
As our program manager you will lead technical delivery of our robust product road map while leading cross functional teams of engineers as we continue to deliver unparalleled next generation Communications and Collaboration solutions.
Who You Are and What You Would Be Doing:
- You are a thought leader and get excited about our industry. You can’t wait to be a part of a team of visionaries who want to push the envelope by delivering new products and services.
- Display your project management skills by leading multiple highly visible and complex projects while simultaneously developing, defining and executing project plans, schedule, budgets, and deliverables.
- Have stellar project communication as you report progress, milestones, and risk to stakeholders. Continual interface with technical and non- technical staff with periodic executive management review.
- Demonstrated resource managements skills with the ability to drill down to the details and anticipate risk while keeping your eye the big picture.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment while being adaptive and flexible to the business needs.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform strategic planning, laying out new processes and guiding teams through change.
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of software development lifecycle processes within the organization
- Current experience managing programs and projects in an Agile software development environment.
- PMP or SCPM certification a plus
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, 5-10 years of complex, cross-organizational software project and program management experience. PMI or similar certification or experiencepreferred
- Experience in agilescrum planning. Experience with JIRA is highly desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to readily communicate complex technical information in an easy to understand format
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to effectively lead business and technical teams, and able to make sound decisions balancing schedule needs and technical needs
- Experience leading projects through peer influence
- Experience with Unified Communications or Software as a Service and global cloud based product delivery is highly desired.
- Work independently with a high degree of initiative and have the ability to multi-task
- Effective problem solving, facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills a must
- Recommending and implementing best practices to improve overall team development
- We are a team of visionary leaders, game changers, and pioneers who are passionate about reshaping the ways productive people collaborate and cooperate in our working lives.
- We have a dynamic culture, fostering a team atmosphere that pushes everyone forward and encourages your professional and personal growth. Internal movement, whether it’s a new role or a new department, is integral to our culture and expansion.
- We consider our employees as Stars that are critical to our success, no matter your role or experience level.
- We are the technology leaders in the new era of world-changing innovation for business communications. We offer the world’s most complete scalable cloud communications systems.
- We have committed to an extensive employee growth plan to double our workforce over the next five years.
- We are part of a winning team that continues to earn numerous awards, including The Frost & Sullivan UC Excellence Award, The Inc. Magazine 500|5000, the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and the Gartner Magic Quadrant.