About the Role:
Planet Fitness is seeking a Lead Program Manager, Digital Operations to add to our newly formed Digital team. As part of this team, you will have a critical role in launching and managing digital product and experiences and leading the organization through our digital transformation.
We are looking for an experienced program manager to improve, standardize and facilitate processes, interface with partner teams, and implement new routines that will help us deliver the best new digital experiences for our customers. As a direct report to the Chief Digital Officer, you will lead a regular prioritization process aimed at ensuring we are allocating resources wisely and in a balanced fashion across initiatives. You will manage important stakeholder relationships across the organization from managers to executives. You will educate and gain buy-in from key stakeholders to ensure resources are aligned and orchestrated to maximize efficiency and quality throughout the product development and launch lifecycles. You will create processes and milestones that enable us to first ‘crawl’, then ‘walk’, and eventually ‘run’ toward a business model where digital experience is central and critical to all.
The ideal person for this role will be detail and process oriented, an excellent communicator, and have a knack for building and cultivating strong, trusted relationships with cross-functional partners. You will have a passion and deep skill in leading change management efforts, influencing, and designing new processes. You love seeing the systems you implement create efficiency and effectiveness so that we can bring quality digital products to market, faster.
In this role you will:
- Lead regular prioritization process, coordinating with functional stakeholders and communicating regularly with all impacted parties
- Lead the organization, slowly and thoughtfully, through change management and digital transformation
- Create and organize consolidated roadmaps, visible and understandable by all levels of the organization
- Lead inspection of the business results post launch, host postmortems and build action plans to address key initiatives across various stakeholders
- Standardize internal product updates and communications, including roadmap changes
- Continuously optimize team process and practices
- Ongoing planning, including managing incoming briefs and road mapping
- Create and enforce guidelines to ensure efficiency, consistency and quality
- Identify tools and software to automate operational workflows, where applicable
- Define operational routines within the product organization, cascading from the CDO down to the product squad
- Codify, document, and share product management best practices, methodologies, and tools, serving as an internal expert on supporting systems, agile methodology etc.
- Lead and participate in special projects as they arise
- Work with leadership to evaluate and identify business problems, understand priorities and propose solutions
- Oversee Steering Committees, charged with defining and executing Product Strategy
- Regularly report on program status, areas of risk/opportunity, process dependencies and success metrics to internal stakeholders (at all levels of the organization)
- Manage and support key events such as annual operating plan, budget plan, and support for offsite meetings
- Support the Digital team’s goals of increasing speed to market, eliminating errors and ensuring quality deliverables
- Constantly develop your personal toolkit of process improvement techniques, and actively share learnings across the team
- Communicate status across the organization to ensure alignment, transparency and visibility on development timelines, risks, and future plans
- 10+ years professional experience in product, operations, or program management roles
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in Business Management, Process Management, Project Management, Risk Management, Communications, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Business Process Management, PMP, Six Sigma or Lean Certification
- Experience leading through change and/or digital transformation
- Experience working with tech, marketing and product teams at all levels
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Proven ability to simply explain complex issues to non-tech audiences
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Team player, collaborative, supportive, able to form strong relationships and overall, in it for the ‘team win’
- Solid experience with product lifecycle management and agile methodology
- Analytical, able to set priorities, clearly communicate and shape results
- Ability to manage, influence and achieve alignment across different interests
- Great attention to detail to understand key operational processes, systems and technology
- Possess a drive for continued learning through training opportunities and knowledge sharing to develop innovative solutions.
- A good decision maker, able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business with a strong customer focus
- Solution oriented, experience in complex problem solving