Chief of staff reporting directly to the VP of software engineering of Investment Product Systems area. Help build and manage the organizational strategy
Leads the program management team that plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans for complex, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products. Ensures the end to end plans are inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for a full range of manager responsibilities including communication, coaching and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions.
- Participant in functional management to ensure optimum effectiveness and quality by managing adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures.
- Directs the overall accountabilities of individuals involved with program/project teams and ensures outcomes and results of those individuals.
- Manages relationships between organizational teams.
- Oversees the individuals involved with program/project teams that impact the organization business processes and systems technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 9 years of professional experience.
- Five or more years of program management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with program management methodologies & governance
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling. Financial & team team management
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience managing large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics.
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Guided by policies and divisional plan, impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view