This position manages all phases of complex electronic developmental programs ranging in size from $500K to $100M, generally for Space, Telemetry or Encryption products.
- Own program performance and results from proposal through delivery and support.
- Directly tracking and monitoring technical, contract, and cost performance to ensure requirements and budgets are being met.
- Preparation of Program Plans including schedules, Statements of Work, Work Breakdown Structures and budgets. Must be skilled in the development of baseline budgets, work packages and integrated schedules.
- Manage subcontractors including development of Statements of Work, participating in source selection and monitoring subcontracted efforts.
- Participate in and co-lead proposal efforts and contract negotiations. May be required to lead a "Must Win" program proposal effort, including the development of Management Volumes, generating Basis of Estimates (BOE), and Cost Volume support.
- Work with the Business Development organization to develop additional opportunities by leveraging off of current customers and programs.
- Chair internal and customer program reviews.
- Serve as the primary customer interface with responsibility for customer satisfaction while meeting all contractual and internal financial requirements including EVMS tracking when required.
- Provide support to the Program Management Department in improvement updates of existing processes/procedures and in the generation of new processes/procedures, as required.
- Interface primarily with major aerospace contractors and with supporting Government agencies.
- Actively work to generate new business opportunities and develop a network of customers and connections
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- 3+ years' experience managing electronics development and production programs.
- 2+ years' experience with Earned Value reporting and tracking.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
- Familiarity with high reliability parts programs.
- Experience with RF Communication, Telemetry or Encryption products.
- Direct program management experience with design and production of electronic products for DoD, preferably in Space, Telemetry or Encryption programs.
- Ability to work effectively as the primary customer point of contact and the ability to interface internally and externally at all levels including senior management.
- Proven track record as a team leader with a proactive approach to Program Management; willingness, ability and aptitude to take ownership of a program with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal preparation as defined above.
- Ability and desire to make a positive impact on this business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to develop/mentor other Program Managers and to direct and coach project engineers.
Job Profile Matching Criteria: