This is an exciting opportunity to join Wolters Kluwer Health, an established fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology company working on the front lines of clinical care, in the role of a Test Architect. Function as a technical leader, playing a central role in defining and establishing technical and strategic direction for the Clinical Effectiveness testing organization. Be a change leader, working with agile teams to plan, design and implement effective test practices, test automation as well as how and what to test. Be a part of improving quality and reducing release timelines of our products.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Leads multiple teams of Quality Engineers, responsible for all stages of testing including solution and test plan design, validation, tooling, test execution and results evaluation.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced testing partners.
- Reviews and evaluates product designs and project activities for compliance with technology and testing guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback based on results to improve quality and mitigate risk of product failure.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall test engineering leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies in the test engineering organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced Quality Engineers.
- Defines and applies innovative test strategies, test technologies and test automation approaches to drive the overall quality of the system.
- Knowledge and ability to collaborate and translate the business understanding requirements, architecture and development specs into real-world use case scenarios.
- Collaborate on the implementation of the test automation strategy and other test tools.
- Participate in the automation feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
- Work with the CI team to integrate the automated framework and testing into daily development processes.
- Recommends process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
8+ years of related or similar experience working in a Test Architect role.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise applying a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise with automated and manual testing of web applications
- Demonstrated expertise with automated testing of RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience integrating automated testing with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working with the following frameworks is desired: Vue, Angular, React
- Experience with one or more automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium, UTF, or developed in-house)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
- Committed, engaged, self-motivated, decisive, adaptable, data driven, transparent and objective.
- Be a mentor, lead by example by sharing plans and designs and encouraging others to do the same.