The digital future has arrived and the tax and accounting profession is changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations, and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity, and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems, and integrated workflow solutions -- in short "Best in Process" solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
The Sr. Software Developer will be a "hands-on" development role - design solutions, building new products, enhancing existing systems, closely collaborating with other engineers all to deliver value to our customers. This role will work directly with our business partners, QA, and Product owners to deliver robust solutions. This role is expected to contribute to all technical decisions, software designs and future software direction.
- Help shape the future of our business through building a multi-tenant SaaS platform for global use
- Responsible for design, code development, implementation and support of technical solutions for various customer facing online platforms.
- Work in Agile teams following Agile methodologies to deliver high quality products on time with performance and localization requirements in mind
- Build, test and deliver high quality, complex frameworks and systems and diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Create microservices, review third party libraries, and conduct technical research regarding different ways to improve the development environment / best practices
- Develop applications utilizing Cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS)
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex issues
- Mentor less-experienced staff in their technical development, and provide them daily guidance and direction
- Select and implement development tools and coordinate technical standards within a development team
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college (Computer Science or related major) is required
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as a hands-on developer
- 8+ years of programming experience with .NET framework and C#, with at least 3 years as a senior software development engineer and/or technical lead with similar roles / responsibilities
- 2+ year experience developing Angular 4.x or above
- Experience using Azure PaaS and SaaS based technologies such as Web Apps, Functions, Web Job, Logic Apps, Blob Storage, Service Bus, Key Vault, Azure SQL & Cosmos
- Experience with architecture/design patterns and re-usability concepts and database design
- Experience in developing web services and micro-service architecture applications
- Experience in providing technical guidance and leadership and conducting design and code reviews
- The position requires the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision. We strive to have a highly collaborative development team that communicates closely on their activities but can design and develop their code independently.
- Experience with API first design approach and familiar with OpenAPI, Swagger specification is a plus
- Experience building hosted applications in a large multi-data center environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Mobile development is a plus