Every year, millions of brides, newlyweds, and first-time parents visit The Knot, The Nest, and The Bump for guidance and advice during some of the most important moments in their lives. Here at XO Group, we strive to give our customers a best in class user experience to make these moments even more special. We are highly focused on building a user-centric, content rich, mobile first organization with a refreshing, fun and entrepreneurial work culture. Connect yourself to work that matters!
About the Lead Product Manager role and Our Team:
The Knot’s wedding vendor marketplace is XO Group’s largest revenue business, accounting for nearly 60% of company revenue. We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to own all of our vendor-facing products and provide product leadership in our Austin location.
Overseeing two product managers and three squads (one directly, two indirectly), you will be XO’s leader and expert on all things wedding vendor: who they are, what their needs are, what our product strategy is, and how we execute against that strategy. You will report to the VP of Product in NYC.
What makes Product at XO different is we care about “outcomes over output”. Instead of Gantt charts and a focus on deadlines and ship dates, we focus on impact: results achieved, not features shipped. This means spending time on user research & discovery as well as iterating post-launch, often multiple times, until the desired outcomes are reached.
- Product strategy - what is the best path to achieving our goal; are we working on the most important things? Do our stakeholders understand what we’re working on and why?
- Execution - are we building premier products that achieve the desired outcomes for our couples, our wedding vendors, and the business?
- Process - is your squad optimized for maximum impact and velocity? How is the squad adding value?
- Product discovery - are we leveraging user science and hypothesis testing to maximize learning and accelerate achieving our goals?
- Collaboration - you’ll work closely with other squads and cross-functional partners to execute against a strategic plan
- 5+ years of experience in product management in an agile environment
- Experience with products for small businesses and marketplaces a plus
- Both detail oriented and strategic; you have the ability to prioritize day-to-day tasks while defining and executing a broader, long-term vision
- Strong product instincts; you’re relentlessly user-focused and have experience with user research and UX principles
- You care about Outcomes over Output - the goal is more important than the roadmap
- Excellent communication and organization skills; you like the challenge of communicating with different audiences, and you believe that every product is the sum of a multitude of small tasks and decisions.