We are searching for a Lead Product Manager to join our team. We are open to a remote employee, located in the United States.
The Lead Product Manager seeks out market trends and conducts voice of customer research to configure appropriate knowledge solutions, to create products around overall business unit's distinctive competencies, and to manage specified digital content product collection lines for the global healthcare, scientific, technical and academic markets, reporting to the Director of Product Strategy
Working with a cross-functional team, the Lead Product Manager will be responsible for a portfolio of product solutions, content, and services that serve clinicians, researchers, educators and society members working in hospitals, medical schools in the United States and internationally. This responsibility extends from maximizing the profitability/revenue of existing products to developing new solutions/areas of growth for the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of Ovid customers and prospects problems and create solutions that drive growth and customer retention
- Craft the strategic vision, positioning, and plan for each product/solution
- Support the sales team by crafting compelling messages and product recommendations for customers and customer groups.
- Design and shape the overall portfolio strategically, which will include finding new solutions, extending products, and maintaining specific collections/subject areas.
- Leads the development of and gains alignment to content strategy and pricing models for new solutions, including for all product variations and bundles.
- Analyze potential partner relationships in conjunction with Publishing, Technology and Business Development co-workers and making recommendations for strategic partnerships.
- Work with the Market Research and Competitor Intelligence teams to identify studies to gain knowledge about user attitudes and behavior.
- Play a central role in building research solutions - involving content selections, workflow-enhancing tools, and value-added applications - based on existing and new ideas from customer-focused research.
- Execute on product development, working closely with Product Development, Technology, Operations, Business Analysts, and other key stakeholders on various projects.
- Own prioritization of new products, enhancements and defects for managed products.
- Measuring product success and making appropriate recommendations across the company to drive profitability, revenue, and new growth objectives.
- Develop and deliver presentations to existing and potential customers, as well as staff.
- P&L responsibility, managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to rollout and ongoing operations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience with Medical research markets highly preferred.
- Strong business acumen need, to be able to drive both commercial and technical product strategy.
- Ability to function expertly in a matrixed organization.
- Proven track record of effectively defining product KPIs and staying disciplined in making data driven product decisions.
- Proven product management experience developing and launching online products/solutions.
- Experience with content products; familiarity with publishing.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: (First list requirements, followed by preferences.)
- Subject matter expertise in global healthcare, scientific, technical and academic markets preferred
- Strategic and commercial thinker - must have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Previous product or portfolio-based P&L responsibility with a track record of strong commercial performance.
- Strong strategy design, execution, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills in measuring opportunities and product performance in the market.
- Ability to adjust, to, and manage a changing list of priorities and market needs to meet .
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple projects while following through on plans