As the Lead Product Manager at Seegrid you will be at the forefront of driving innovation in the material handling industry. You will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working collaboratively with design, engineering, quality, marketing, and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Strategically minded, effectively collaborative, agile and pragmatic, the Lead Product Manager is responsible for representing the true voice of the customer by turning customer requirements into tangible features by gaining a deep understanding of the customer experience, identifying and filling product gaps that are pervasive across the market and commercially valuable, and ensuring market intent is preserved through development.
This role will lead managing across products at the portfolio level, applying strategy and looking at the broader ecosystem. Working closely with Product, Design, and Engineering teams, will continually refine product vision and strategic prioritization and communicate decisions to stakeholders. Will manage and mentor a team of product managers and refine processes toward successful product outcomes. Will exemplify best practices for customer empathy, cross functional collaboration, measurable process improvement, product strategy, commercial rigor, and ownership of product outcomes.
You must be able to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- Deeply understand the needs of materials handling solutions in industries such as manufacturing, distribution, and logistics
- Update and manage the strategic product roadmap
- Facilitate communication across stakeholders to enable more informed decision making
- Participate in internal design sessions, document overall design / architectural goals, aesthetics, usability, standards
- Translate product strategy into written detailed requirements at both functional and technical level
- Develop business cases and financial return models for potential new products
- Understand competition fully to influence strategy, positioning, and pricing
- Work closely with design and engineering teams to iterate designs and deliver valuable products
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Drive product launches working cross-functionally across the company
- Shepherd requirements through development to ensure market intent is preserved
- Manage product lifecycle from inception, release, updates, and through EOL
- Incorporate planned feature requests and themes into product work packages
- Refine and prioritize work in the backlog
- Own and report on the product portfolio outcomes
Requirements and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience working in technical product management roles
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- MBA preferred
- Experience in Agile development environment, participating in the design and execution of development by leveraging principles and tools. Flight level system architecture experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of successful products throughout their lifecycle
- Strong customer empathy, and the ability to blend user research with data to create a prioritized product roadmap
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Team management and mentoring in the domain of product management and development
- Well versed in Product Management methods and can apply and scale them effectively
- Ability to build credibility and strong relationships with design and engineering counterparts
- Strong communication and partnership skills - this is an extremely cross-functional role
- Experience in manufacturing or warehouse optimization or robotics is a plus
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time