We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a insurtech startup, Guardian Direct. At Guardian Direct, we are working to define the future of insurtech by democratizing insurance for everyone. This is a chance to be among the first in an industry is now being disrupted by technology to help make insurance accessible to everyone. We are obsessed with measuring results, and we see every project as an opportunity to learn. If you enjoy working on stuff that moves the needle and have a passion for tech that empowers consumers, we might have the role for you.
Ready to join a team of bold and passionate builders to do your best work yet?
Guardian Direct, a corporate-backed insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards, New York, is looking for a Lead Product Manager. We are energized by our mission to create an exceptional customer-centric digital insurance marketplace. You’ll join a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You will have a chance to build on an existing strong foundation of engaged customers and fuel future growth.
Join at the ground floor with a great team and play an important role in building the future of insurtech.
In this role you will:
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of product solutions and optimizations
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of new products and website enhancements
- Define, analyze, and report on product KPIs and establish shared vision across teams by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Work proactively with data team to design and architect attribution and analytics infrastructure
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams to better understand their use cases and create a product vision and strategy to meet their needs
- Collaborate with Engineering to break down and prioritize the work into a backlog
- Provide goals, structure, mentoring and inspiration to Design, Engineering, and Business team members
- Establish user feedback cycles and partner with Design and Marketing to manage and run product feedback through concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing to enhance customer experience
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly
- Understand Guardian Direct’s strategic and competitive position and provide insights into related product, technology and market trends
- Be lean in how you operate, always improving, always aligned to the bigger picture
You should have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Experience helping define strategy, and then breaking it down into how that translates in a roadmap, OKRs, and features
- Understanding of data-driven product development and strong knowledge of agile methodologies
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with high-level direction
- Lean thinker and always looking for ways to experiment and test hypotheses
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience with A/B testing and analyzing data
- Constant attention to detail and ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience managing a roadmap that encompasses multiple teams and product areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model preferred
This role offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
- 401(k) with generous match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic work environments that promotes ownership, collaboration and strategic problem solving
- A culture where doing the right thing, social responsibility, inclusiveness, and community involvement matter