Waters Corpotation is actively seeking a Lead Product Manager, Cloud/SaaS. This position will work closely with the leadership of the instrument, software, consumables and mass spectrometry groups to execute the strategic plan for Waters innovative cloud products.
This function will work with other members of the product marketing team on the solutions strategy, as well as all commercialization activities for cloud based products. Partnership with the global field teams, Market Segment leaders and Product Owners will redefine the laboratory informatics space.
- Lead the defintion and execution of the the long-term vision for Waters SaaS products and Services.
- Partner closely with the Engineering team to ensure that requirements are clear, understood and prioritized.
- Take a customer-centric approach to understand the impact of digital transformation trends, emerging technologies, and competitor platforms and to help define the Waters Cloud roadmap for differentiation and market leadership.
- Develop SaaS business cases based on insights from VoC, and in close partnership with Program Management, lead the product initiatives from concept to production deployment.
- Accountable for growth of the waters_connect cloud business in alignment with our agreed business case metrics.
- Develop, publish and maintain the Waters cloud roadmap that fully considers requirements for scalability, security, and supportability in collaboration and consultation with a broad range of leaders from across the company.
- Work closely with our Corporate Development Office and market segment leaders on external business development. Identify and evaluate targets for M&A and partnership that will provide modules and services to drive out cloud business.
- Collaborate with the broader organization and external partners to establish Waters SaaS pricing/packaging models & monetization strategy.
- Work closely with marketing communications, market segment leaders and scientific operations on content/digital marketing strategy, identifying key differentiators, and translating product features into customer benefits
- Develop and execute marketing plans, working closely with field marketing and sales management to develop and execute marketing plan. Prioritize focus areas by geography, segment and/or industry.
- Lead, develop, motivate and measure the impact of a direct team of marketing professionals and influence cross-functional teams across the business
- Minimum BS in Technology or Business field. MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of experience leading a product management team with a Cloud/SaaS products
- Proven track record of implementing 'Go To Market' software product strategies, and ability to execute strategy within a matrix environment
- Ability to effectively influence at the executive level and within peer group
- Strong leadership skills required
- Experience in the life sciences/pharmaceutical industry a plus