About the Role
As Lead Product Manager for Classifieds, you are passionate to deliver information that a person would need to live a local life, not limited to news, but a broader spectrum of contents including Events, Deals, Buy & Sell, Lost & Found, Rent & For Sale, etc. You are familiar with the unique needs, challenges for SMBs and are passionate to help them. You enjoy communicating with SMB owners to build empathy and deeply understand their importance in the local community.
You will lead a group of world-class designer, engineers, scientists and growth hackers to build that platform to connect people and business through information & communication.
You are familiar with those well-established methods for SMBs to grow their customer & business including coupons, loyalty programs, classifieds ads, etc. And you are willing to explore and make News Break a new destination for local marketing & advertisement.
- Research to understand the methods adopted by local SMBs and pain points of using each platform.
- Clearly define the target user, value proposition and feature set of the classifieds product. Articulate the differentiation point and pivot that to a broader audience.
- Define the roadmap and lead the team to visualize what the success is like and measure the progress along the road.
- Be a team player, and be a game changer. Lead cross-functional teams to qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Work with marketing, sales teams to build a solid growth funnel to acquire local SMB users and retain them with polished design and solid product value proposition & features.
- Proven work experience in product management for Internet or high tech companies. Startup experience is a plus.
- Preferred experience to successfully build products that serve and delight local SMBs
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills