Join a team where you hold the future of CenturyLink in your hands! Drive the way businesses communicate through thought leadership, innovation, and end-to-end program management. You will be leading teams associated with industry leading technologies in networking, hybrid connectivity, software defined WAN and communication services associated with one of the largest networks in the world, including collaboration and voice services.
The Senior Product Development Manager is responsible for managing a large cross-functional team in the development and delivery of CenturyLink Core Solutions, including (Voice, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Data, Hybrid Networking, SDx, Internet, Security and Federal Solutions) aligned with business objectives, priorities and the portfolio roadmap. On-scope, on-time, and on-budget delivery of the product portfolio objectives, including business requirements definition, driving cohesive end-to-end solutions, creation and management of project structures, as well as alignment of resources are critical to the success of strategic initiatives. This role requires adherence to prescribed stage-gate new product development methodology (including mix of rapid development and staged development based on program goals and deliverables), project management, change management processes, strong communication skills, and implementation of project/business based financial controls. Serving as a critical business leader in the on-going evolution of the company's Product Solutions, the Senior Product Development Manager will establish relationships with key leaders from across the business and with external partners critical to the success of programs, including but not limited to direct interaction with individual contributors, manager, director, and vice president leadership.
Meet or exceed committed business outcomes, including financial performance, customer experience and employee experience goals and objectives
Lead team(s) to the on-scope, on-time and on-budget delivery of Product Management's PD initiatives: new product introductions, product features/platform enhancements, related process improvement efforts, etc.
Liaison and leadership across/vertically throughout the Company to ensure relevant evolution of Core Solutions:
- Key Interactions: Intake, Prioritization, Planning, Scheduling, Tracking, Delivery & Launch
- Partner Organizations: Works consistently with Product Management, Business Process Implementation, Software Delivery Organizations, Innovation, Architecture, Engineering, Finance, Business Unit, Operations, Sales, Sales Overlay and other organizations as part of the planning, design, development, and launch of new products and services
- Development Process: Identification of appropriate development process based on needs (Rapid Development to Staged Development)
- Resource Management: Identification and solicitation for commitment of required core and extended resources
- Knowledge & Leadership: Product Development is the COO of responsible solutions area, with intimate knowledge of business drivers, market dynamics, product requirements, solutions interoperability, supporting systems/processes/people jointly accountable for the success of business outcomes across enterprise (non-consumer) business units
- Conflict Resolution/Celebration of Success: Identification and resolution of barriers to success for both milestone attainment and achievement of desired business outcomes
Maximizes the digital presence across the customer lifecycle (Learn, Buy, Get, Pay, Support)
Ensures the effective transition of strategic programs from ideation to development to lifecycle management, delivering on the identified minimum viable experience (customer and employee) standards.
Stakeholder Leadership: Exerts level of influence in stakeholder relations in their immediate core team, defining optimal delivery timelines, directing the core team's activities, tracking performance and maintaining the team's alignment with other relevant programs and product portfolio goals. Serve as primary communicator across the core team, consistently reporting status, risks, and issues. Displays ability to resolve conflict and enforce roles and standards across the various core team members.
Thought Leadership: Provides leadership for short to mid-range product development planning. Serves as both a business and technical product expert in the product development area supported. Utilizes critical thinking and experience to vet through requirements and define optimal development approach for the specific initiative. Identifies product improvement opportunities, working collaboratively with stakeholders to define enhancements to improve quality, gain efficiencies and reduce cost of existing products. Acts proactively in solving challenges impacting the progress or success of a product development initiative. Leads efforts to prioritize and accelerate time to market. Relies on experience, judgment, and high level business relationships to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Communication: Demonstrates superior verbal and written communication skills and drafts communication plan specific for each product development initiative. Applies discipline in communicating program status proactively and frequently based on criticality of each project. Runs timely and structured meetings that include agendas, meeting notes, and action items. Exhibits solid presentation skills, utilizing appropriate tools to help get the message across.
Program Management: Program management is the essence of their job responsibilities. Define and actively drive that project per agreed-upon development and release plan. Administer product development process from Concept through Launch and Warranty. Conduct project scoping and impact assessment. Lead day-to- day project delivery activities. Responsible for managing accurate and complete project deliverables.
Portfolio Management: In certain cases, and depending on the product portfoliosupported, the PDM may have overall product portfolioresponsibilities. Leads portfolio planning sessions, provides timely updates and input for resource utilization modeling. Identifies ways to phase programs such that optimal path is taken to deliver business value or to accelerate time to market. Proactively resolves product portfolio roadmap conflicts or escalations when conflicts cannot be resolved without impact to other projects.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent eduaction and related experience
- 6+ years related experience in Product Development, Product Management, Technology Development
- Master?s degree
- 4+ years related experience in Product Development, Product Management, Technology Development
Please apply below: