Lead, Product Management Job Code:
IMS20211701-55161 Job Location:
Greenville, Texas Job Description:
The Product Manager is responsible for the success of the products in their assigned division, from cradle to grave. Successful product managers require a combination of technical, strategy, and business competencies to ensure the customer is satisfied with the product and division revenue goals are met. They are the subject matter experts on the newest technology and mission execution, and work closely with Finance to make their products' business cases. They work closely with Program Managers and Business Development to listen and translate ambiguous and conflicting needs into product requirements. The Product Manager is cross-functional leader who work closely with Engineering, Finance, Operations, Business Development, Contracts, Supply Chain, and third party vendors to develop a viable and supportable product. They collaborate with Programs and Business Development to create collateral and support sales strategies. The Product Manager works with Engineering, System Administration and Supply Chain to support the hardware or software product until seeing the product through to the end of its lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on the assigned products through hands-on use and by working with other departments
- Act as the focal point within the Product Team for product issues and questions from customers and the Business Development team
- Develop prioritized features, capabilities, support requirements, and business case justification
- Lead cross-functional product development team with Engineering, Research & Development and Program Management to manage product releases.
- Closely work with engineering to manage customer requirement and technical design trade-offs
- Manage backlog, defects and feature requests of active products in their responsible line
- Be the expert with respect to our competitors and identify the competitive advantages and differentiation that SIGINT Enterprise Systems products offer
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development teams to ensure that product collateral is developed and the capabilities and benefits of the L3 Harris products are fully understood by the Company
- Ensure Support team members are trained on all aspects of the products and services to handle customer questions and complaints
- Identify product issues and effectively communicate timely updates to the Product and Leadership Teams
- Develop metrics and reports that will assist in meeting the revenue and customer satisfaction goals
- Must be able to lead cross-functionally with ability to influence without direct authority
- Must be self-starter who proactively plans and reports on progress of projects and product issues, and looks for ways to improve personal and team processes
- Works with Business Development and 3 rd party vendors to develop product demand forecasts
- Establish and maintain contacts with customers to ensure product requirements are being satisfied and promote additional/future business
- Establish a culture of trust, open communication, data driven decision making, customer focus and relentless continuous improvement
- Manages and directs and execute all phases of a product from inception to end of life
- Establish a product plan to include: product charter, detailed product schedule, budget, continued improvement and ultimately the end of life plan
- Responsible for coordinating Level of Effort estimates for Program and new business proposals
- Strong organizational skills including planning, documenting, and action item tracking
- Experience in direct customer interaction when scoping existing and new product capabilities
- Collaborate and communicate with customers via face-to-face, telephone, email, and other media to maintain strong customer relationships and set proper customer expectations
- Responsible for third-party technical and implementation decisions
Bachelor degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of applicable experience. A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Experience in Product Management with technical products required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience successfully managing technical products from idea to release
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven experience with Agile process and teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Proven ability to think "outside the box" to resolve issues
- Highly organized and able to get work done through teams
- Ability to develop new approaches for complex design problems
- Experience with hardware and software integration
- Past experience with ISR products a plus
- Must have ability to willingness to travel as necessary to support the program. Periodic travel OCONUS may be required.
- On call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays)