We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Your passion for design leads you to creating fresh new concepts that can change an industry. This role will work closely with the Product, Development and the Executive team, where you will contribute creative concepts and define the Skillz design process. You will have a hand in building the best mobile multiplayer system in the world that users will want to play on a daily basis.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing and executives; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging constraints.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture and visual execution.
- Mentor junior designers on the team; lead small teams of designers when needed.
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
- Design simple, elegant interfaces that are consistent, easy to understand, and intuitive to use
- Drive a creative and ambitious culture by delivering thoughtful, explorative MVPs designed to learn from and iterate with.
- 7+ year of experience within a UI or UX capacity working on mobile or desktop applications
- 2+ years experience growing and leading multi-disciplinary design teams
- Passion for creating simple products that people use every day
- Strong portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual and interaction design
- Collaborative mindset and interest in working with product and engineering teams to ship products
- Excellent communication skills and high level attention to detail
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools
- Background working on consumer facing products