We strive to offer our customers a flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure SaaS product. This comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help Laserfiche imagine the future. Working from our new Long Beach, CA headquarters, you will be the core of a new design group tasked with refreshing the user experience of Laserfiche Cloud. You will guide the product design group through customer research and human-centered design thinking and work closely with Laserfiche product teams to deliver rich user experiences that delight our customers. We want you and your team to be a catalyst for the continued growth of innovation and the success of Laserfiche Cloud in the content management market.
- Lead the product design group in establishing team structure, design standards, processes, and best practices
- Identify and experiment with new processes, techniques and tools, and incorporate them into the shared processes
- Help to define the core design principles to be leveraged across the product teams, and demonstrate good judgment and flexibility when applying those principles to product designs
- Represent product design in discussions with leadership and bring a design voice to product strategy conversations
- Communicate with product managers and engineers on a regular basis and create a collaborative design process designed to address both scope and technical challenges and negotiate thoughtful outcomes
- Play a key role in all aspects of the product development lifecycle including roadmap definition and scope, user research, artifact creation, solicitation of feedback, iteration, prototyping, building in production, quality assurance, shipping and learning
- Think strategically about how to release features in small pieces and regularly looks for opportunities to validate their ideas with multivariate experimentation
- Define and document new patterns required by Laserfiche Cloud, and focuses on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across the suite features and products
What You'll Need:
- 8 years of experience with end-to-end product design.
- 3 years of experience supporting design teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing project and priorities simultaneously
- Experience working with engineers and understanding technical concepts and their impact on product design
- Experience with releasing products and features for SaaS solutions following CI/CD
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of human-centered design.
- Confident with data including the analytical and quantitative skills necessary to use data and product metrics to drive decision making