We are looking for a senior design leader to be a driving force in creating world-class experiences that help people find and enjoy a home of their own. This role will partner closely with senior leaders in Product and Engineering to create and execute against our bold vision for transforming the real estate industry. You will be responsible for design decisions and patterns for multiple products and ensuring the adoption thereof by product designers who work in those areas. While not a direct people-manager role, teaching and mentoring will be required.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Design.
What will you do?
- Design and drive a cohesive and exceptional aesthetic across multiple products (up to 2-3 teams) within your vertical, and collaborate across all verticals to ensure consistency
- Create and uphold a high standard for design excellence, and challenge work that does not meet it
- Clearly communicate design instructions and repeatable patterns to other designers, appropriate to their skill level
- Articulate the value of design as well as the reasons for your design decisions clearly, in non-designer-speak, to Product and Engineering leaders as well as other important stakeholders
- Give clear and useable design feedback, and receive it with professionalism and patience
- Partner with senior Engineering and Product counterparts to understand their needs and objectives and collaborate on designing solutions which address those most effectively
- Drive the exploration and adoption of software tools and user-centric design thinking methodologies. Train groups in both.
- Work with the Senior Director of Design and to ensure consistent adoption and understanding of design best practices and patterns across the products you lead
What will you bring?
- 8+ years working in design industry
- 3+ years of working in a product-led organization
- 3+ years of providing design direction and mentoring to junior colleagues
- A strong visual aesthetic and design point of view, exampled in a rich portfolio
- Experience delivering multiple projects simultaneously with cross-disciplined teams
- Informed and strong opinions, loosely held
- A practitioner of user-centric processes and design thinking principles
- Exemplifies a We, Not Me attitude