Are you a designer interested in creating meaningful people-driven digital experiences with a relentless focus on impact at scale and evangelizing the value of design? Are you fascinated by human behavior and curious about how organizational culture, context and technology connect? Then we’d love to hear from you!
As a Lead Designer, you’ll collaborate with researchers and strategists to solve some of Salesforce's biggest business challenges through cutting-edge, insight-based prototypes and designs. As part of an innovation team, you'll be involved in all aspects of a project, from user research and prototyping to product definition and pitching to business executives along the way.
We're looking for someone who can create exceptional user-centered work on projects and who teaches and inspires others with the value of design—from experimenting with new technologies to articulating key design principles to synthesizing trends.
About Business Technology Innovation
Business Technology Innovation is an internal-facing, entrepreneurial innovation team within Salesforce. We help our own internal businesses, like Marketing and Sales, recognize and interpret forces of change in their business landscape and partner with them to plot a course towards a more robust, digital future, through human-centered design. And we help build and deliver that future by using our own world-class technology to set our business on a path of growth and change!
Our engagements combine elements of strategic advisory, visioning, user research, ideation, storytelling, value propositions, workshop facilitation, rapid prototyping, end-user concept testing, and product design.
If you're interested in...
- Projects and teammates that push you to grow by challenging your assumptions, skills, and knowledge
- Working on cross-disciplinary teams that are fully devoted to one project at a time
- Curious to learn about new businesses at Salesforce and applications every few months
- Experimenting and prototyping with new technology to bring ideas to life in new ways
- Honing your storytelling craft to create engagement and conviction for customers
- Using design to catalyze change at the executive and C-suite level
...we'd like to hear from you!
- Serve as a champion for design thinking and a human-centered, entrepreneurial approach to strategic enterprise transformation with our internal business partners and customers
- Work with cross-functional teams of researchers, designers, strategists and technologists to design and conduct bespoke innovation engagements
- Participate in stakeholder and secondary research; participate in end-user primary research; recognize economically meaningful end-user pain points and unmet needs
- Design, lead and facilitate workshops then synthesize insights into defensible visions, frameworks, and concepts
- Conduct in-market concept testing and experimentation
- Present experience visions to executives and their leadership teams; collaborate with business value and enterprise architect teams to build business cases and roadmaps around those visions
- Continually keep abreast of emerging and best-in-class user experiences and maintain a high-level understanding of the capabilities of the Salesforce platform
- Actively participate in creating, testing, and sharing new and better tools, methods and processes for conducting innovation engagements, and find ways to multiply the value of the insights gained from every engagement
- Mentor teams in our design practice methodology to ensure consistency in our innovation work
- 8+ years of relevant work experience as part of an internal or agency team and/or academic studies in design-related field designing engaging and empathetic digital interactions across a variety of digital media
- HCI, interaction design, product design, communication design, design thinking or related design degree
- Ability to quickly bring ideas to life through a variety of means, from hand-drawn storyboards to functioning digital prototypes
- Strong understanding of design thinking and user-centered practices
- Experience working alongside software developers and solid understanding of the software development process
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision experience
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, iterative and ability to work with teams
- Experience with internal or agency team in a B2B setting
- Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Experience working in digital and emerging technologies
- Experience with video editing and storytelling
- Experience with designing and facilitating workshops