We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We are looking for a creative, extremely proactive and organized Lead Producer, Creative to manage the end-to-end execution of Rent the Runway’s multi-faceted creative production -- with an emphasis on the production of photo/video assets for use across our various channels (e-commerce platform, mobile app/desktop experiences, retail, paid social, organic social, internal initiatives, etc). This is a highly cross-functional role that includes collaboration with internal teams and external partners, as well as driving progress and timely delivery of assets for both.
Ideal candidates are highly passionate for photography, video, and the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for the channels outlined above. You have strong relationships with a network of photographers, videographers and talent agents that you are ready to call on. You have an eye for good creative and a pulse on trends within the fashion/e-commerce industry. Most importantly, you possess a strong knowledge of best practices and trends in Production from your experience and are able to apply them using intuition.
In this role, you will do more than just produce; your involvement evolves the creative in a way that would not be possible without you. Your ability to help motivate, oversee and execute projects within tight timelines is a must. This position requires a confident personality, and someone who is able to adapt and promote a happy work environment. You are energetic, organized and exceedingly calm under pressure.
You must have ample experience with & confidence overseeing complicated productions autonomously within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules. You are also comfortable delegating to a team of junior producers whenever needed and growing their talent and experience in so doing. Finally, you are interested in contributing to the improved overall effectiveness of Production at Rent The Runway, and working with cross-functional partners to underscore best practices and iterate over time to improve the start to finish process.
- Manage and lead a team of full-time Producers and freelance crew (photographers, videographers, video editors and production partners)
- Manage all communication, timelines, budgets, check-ins/meetings associated with photo/video productions
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing the feasibility of proposed creative, recommending approaches and having ownership over the quality of the final product
- Advise teams on best practices, scope, and pricing
- Stay current on technical information to help find the best and most efficient ways to manage a project
- Collaborate across the Creative, Marketing, and Styling teams to ensure seamless end-to-end execution of e-commerce product launches and creative marketing campaigns, from kick-off to post-mortem
- Ability to work with external marketing partners and client-face during all stages of production
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, and talent needs allowing art director and other creators to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements are going according to plan
- Partner with Creative, Marketing, and Project Management teams to set strategic editorial photography goals for each season in order to deliver on business needs
- Drive efficiencies, identify and resolve challenges in the workflow and improve execution of production processes through solution-oriented thinking
- Oversee e-commerce and editorial production budget; support financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, tracking and communicating budget spends, while always proactively seeking cost savings
- Oversee casting for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand
- Source talent (traditional and RTR customers), manage bookings, negotiate usage and costs across photographers, stylists, video editors, hair and make-up artists, and studios within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
Leadership & Team Development
- Lead, encourage and innovate new ideas to provide the highest possible quality creative output for the brand
- Develop creative and technical skills of direct reports with regular feedback, team and 1:1 meetings; acting as a role model to promote collaboration and professionalism
- Identify goals and stretch projects for direct reports and support direct reports in building technical and critical thinking skills
- Work closely with leadership on expansions and increased production needs as necessary, developing strategies to meet future production demands
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or agency environment experience a plus)
- Experience managing and leading teams
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule and be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow-through
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. marketing & digital, in particular)
- Ability to set expectations and effectively communicate with executives and internal stakeholders
- Photo and video production background, deep familiarity with content production across digital/social media platforms
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs and adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers and candidates
- An established network of creative services (photographers, videographers/editors, makeup artists, stylists, etc).
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools a plus: Asana, JIRA, etc.