Lead Process Engineer - ASIX - ISC
5 - 7 years experience • Chemicals
The company is taking aggressive actions to expand and grow. They are looking for quality talent to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation, possibly internationally!
If you are searching for a rewarding career with a great team of talented leaders in the their fields, this could be the job for you!
The primary function of this position is to work interactively with the business, R&D and plant groups, to identify improvements and expansions to existing product line as well as developing new products and processes that will sustain and grow business. You will ensure that Process Engineering Standards and Procedures are met during the development, design, and construction phases, and will work to improve these processes in parallel. The lead process engineer will also provide process technology support to operating plants.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
o Lead the development of Front End and Process Design Packages for the Resins & Chemicals and HEM businesses, consisting of:
o Process Description and key technology and risk summary
o Proper scaling up of laboratory data to commercial design
o Process Simulations
o Heat and Material Balance and Process Flow Diagrams
o Piping & Instrument Diagrams
o Process Equipment Specifications
o Leading Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP activities
o Supporting capital project engineers during the detailed design phase, equipment purchase, construction and start up
o Become an expert on the process chemistry, the operating philosophy and the process design basis for the equipment
o Responsible for insuring that the PFD’s and P&ID’s are accurate and kept up to date
o Work within teams to identify and implement longer term process improvement efforts, with the overall goal being to achieve improved safety, higher yields, better production rates, and higher attainment
o Understand and leverage the plant control and information systems to make improvements
o Identify and implement improvements on basic control schemes and advanced process control strategies
o Develop process economic studies
o Quality assurance of engineering calculations, including process simulation input and output data
o Assist in Intellectual Property (IP) activities including freedom-to-practice and IP protection
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required
· Minimum 5 years chemical process engineering experience required
· 7+ years chemical process experience preferred
· Experience in polymer / resin processing industries preferred
· Experience in solids handling and/or fertilizer manufacturing industries preferred
· Familiarity with chemical plant DCS controls (DCS), Honeywell Experion and/or advanced process control a plus
· Experience in design of new chemical facilities preferred
· Six Sigma certification a plus
· Experience with Process Safety Management desired
· Strong computer skills, including process simulation tools such as Aspen or Unisim sought
· Strong written and verbal communication skill preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization desired
· Able to manage multiple priorities preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment desired
· Strong interplay of engineering technology and business acumen to bring value to Business sought.
· Ability to analyze complex technical issues and develop engineering solutions preferred.