Responsibilities / Duties
- Leads PCE Engineer of Large Capital Projects, supporting Front End Loading (FEL) as well as Detailed Design/Construction phases.
- Manages quality of deliverables, schedules, man-hour budgets, weekly/monthly status reporting, and effectively lead the PCE project team, while coordinating diligently with other project Disciplines, i.e.: Process Engineering, Piping, Civil, etc.
- Creates technical specifications of Pressure Vessels, Process Towers/Columns, Drums, Reactors, Filters, Coalescers, Jacketed Vessels, Shop/Field Fabricated Tanks and other PCE equipment, development of PCE equipment Datasheets and Layouts, review/approve client specifications, prepare procurement inquiry packages, technically evaluate bids, and issue order packages for equipment, coordinate review of supplier’s drawings/data, suppliers coordination, supplier quality/inspection coordination and supervise other PCE engineers, designers, and modelers assigned to the project.
- Provides advanced technical direction to other PCE engineers, designers, and modelers on a project task force.
- Understands and uses Dow’s equipment procurement process.
- Ensures that environmental regulations and Dow Safety and Loss Prevention Principles are considered in design.
- Coordinates the input of supplier design data into the overall project design.
- Coordinates additional discipline requirements into the design of PCE equipment.
- Participates in PCE equipment inspections and testing.
- Develops detailed PCE equipment installation and operation instructions, as applicable.
- Provides technical support during construction and operation of facility, as applicable.
- Participates in the development of new or improved PCE work processes and/or global standards and specifications related to PCE equipment.
- Mentors other personnel in the application of design tools and work process methodology.
- Meets and corresponds with suppliers and/or external personnel on as-needed basis.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- 5+ plus years working on Capital Projects as Lead Process Containment Equipment (PCE) Engineer OR 8 years of PCE Engineering experience.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications.
- Advanced knowledge of industry codes and standards like: ASME VIII DIV-1/2, ASME II, ASME V, TEMA, WRC-107/297, ASCE, ANSI, ASTM, PIP, B31.3., API-660, API-650, API-620, and other engineering related industry standards.
- Strong leadership and organization skills and a desire to excel.
- Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Must be capable of delegating work tasks to supporting teams.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required to effectively communicate with other project team members, suppliers, and stakeholders. This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.) required.
- Proficiency in both Zyqad (Datasheet creation software) and Adept (Document Control software) preferred.
- Ability to occasionally travel domestic and/or overseas to perform inspections or monitor project execution at supplier’s shops.