Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers' industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we're always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we're so glad!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- This position provides process automation engineering leadership for capital projects and complex repairs from concept to completion, including cost estimates, design, procurement, construction oversight, startup assistance, and documentation. Additional responsibilities will include working with production, maintenance, and engineering team members to develop project plans and acquiring expertise in quality field activities for electrical, instrumentation, PLC, and DCS installations.
- Defines, leads and or completes complex repairs and maintenance efforts of the plant electrical, instrument, and control system.
- Supports and drives the maintenance of accurate and effective documentation for instrument, electrical, and control systems.
What you need to succeed:
- 8+ years of experience with relevant electrical and controls systems is required. This includes experience in providing maintenance support to production operations.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical or Chemical Engineering preferred). In lieu of BS, 8+ years of relevant experience as outlined above in combination with AA degree in a related field or 12+ years of relevant experience as outlined above will be considered.
- Ability to provide support for new and existing MES and plant control systems including loop tuning, logic configuration, troubleshooting/problem solving, operator training, documentation and maintenance.
- Experience with design/configuration of manufacturing execution systems (MES). Solid process automation knowledge including implementation and operation of computer-based supervisory control and data acquisition systems. PLC design/configuration. DCS design/configuration and data collection configuration. Communications network design/configuration. Knowledge of PLC, DCS and data collection systems required. Allen Bradley PLC, Delta V DCS, and OSIsoft PI preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of plant personnel with good oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and the ability to set own goals and deadlines based on scheduled requirements. Ability to supervise personnel without direct authority.
- Problem solving/trouble shooting skills. Ability to think independently, make sound recommendations on projects/problems and implement for project execution/problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of technical Electrical specifications and drawings, including single-line drawings, elementary wiring diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams, and control loop drawings.
- The ability to lead, manage and organize time, interact with people from all levels of the organization and capable of sustaining a drive for excellence is required.
- Attention to detail should be an ingrained behavior.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) for use in analysis, communications, and presentations.
- Ability to Initiate, supervise and coordinate the installation, implementation, and start-up of new MES and process control systems, as well as, loop tuning, logic configuration, troubleshooting/problem solving, operator training, documentation and maintenance.
- Management of databases for plant process variables archiving.
- Identify and develop strategies in support of continuous improvement of manufacturing and process control systems within the plant.
- Configuration skills for process control operator interfaces and maintenance of process control networks.
- Ability to prepare process automation improvement project AFE's and manage project progress/cash flow.
- This position is in a 24/7 manufacturing plant environment and some extended working hours are required to complete aggressive shutdown and installation work schedules. Response to infrequent trouble calls after normal business hours is required and travel of 1-4 weeks per year.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.