Lead Preventative Maintenance
Lead Preventative Maintenance
Industry Leader in Lightweight Metals, Engineering and Manufacturing
Location near Brooklyn, OH
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
The Preventative Maintenance (PM) Lead will direct the planning, training, improvement and management of the planned maintenance events for assigned team members. You will promote and lead the development and application of preventative and predictive maintenance principles, asset reliability, Root Cause Analysis and Total Productive Maintenance.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Aligning department activities and direction with overall business objectives through execution of Business System core principles;
· Providing tactical and strategic direction
· Leading the change from a reactive to proactive maintenance environment;
· Optimizing maintenance resources – both physical and human;
· Providing systemic, sustainable solutions to issues within, as well as outside of, the department;
· Managing physical assets in the wheels business, to achieve maximum performance in support of business objectives;
· Controlling and managing department spending within budget;
· Support operating results through the management of subordinates with emphasis on quantity, quality, timeliness, safety, recovery, and delivery performance;
· Ensure work is allocated fairly and clearly assigned to crew members;
· Formulate and assign tasks within guidelines established by Department management;
· Decide and deploy appropriate crewing arrangements for planned and unplanned situations based on absences, schedule requirements, equipment availability, and vacations within labor agreement guidelines;
· Make decisions about differential performance, both those requiring recognition and reward and those requiring discipline in a fair and equitable manner with supporting documentation of appropriateness of actions taken;
· Carry-out responsibilities under inherently business critical elements of prioritization, balancing strategic and tactical implementation of activities throughout the flow paths.
· Lead individual safety discussions and job specific safety reviews;
· Lead the maintenance forces in rapidly responding to breakdown situations;
· Complete the work which occurs on their shift in a cost-effective manner to ensure proper process and environmental equipment operation and availability;
· Gather data to assist in the application of root cause analysis and problem solving techniques for major exceptions;
· Work with craftspeople to apply root cause analysis and rapid problem solving techniques to minor exceptions to find and eliminate the fundamental problems;
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution;
· Minimum of five years of work experience in a Manufacturing and / or Plant setting;
· Minimum of one year of experience managing or supervising a workforce;
· Hands on experience in hydraulics, mechanical or electrical fields;
· Working knowledge of forging, heat treat processed and associated equipment;
· Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS);
· Working knowledge of PLC;
· Experienced with industrial robotic technology;
· A working knowledge of principles and concepts of Lean Manufacturing
· Ability to read blueprints and schematics;
· Computer experience with MS Word and Excel.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.