At COUNTRY Financial, our Predictive Modeling Lead Consultant in P/C Research and Analytics is responsible for developing models for property/casualty pricing, product development, and underwriting across multiple business lines. The lead technical resource will own the entire modeling process from data requirements through implementation. During the modeling process, the lead technical resource will provide guidance and direction leveraging their deep industry knowledge and statistical modeling experience. This position will offer a diverse set of analytics challenges which will require creativity and collaboration to find optimal business solutions.
*This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Serves as a resource for best practices/quality on functional teams or projects. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Trains, guides, and mentors other professionals or colleagues with less experience. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Maintains current market knowledge and awareness of key industry trends in pricing/product segmentation and predictive modeling through primary and secondary research and attendance at analytical and industry
- Researches, develops and helps implement innovative pricing models based upon sophisticated predictive modeling/multivariate analysis.
- Directs adoption of predictive modeling methods to study client retention and conversion of quotes to new business issued; uses results to influence rating, underwriting and sales decisions.
- Develops companywide rating plans and recommended rating factors, based upon predictive modeling and data mining techniques.
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, or econometrics, or data science.
- Experience working in SAS, R, EMBLEM.
- Experienced in multi-departmental projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage periods of high pressure and shifting priorities to develop rates, perform studies, make recommendations and implement projects on short notice.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study and at least 8 years of statistical data modeling or related experience, OR,
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study and at least 6 years of statistical data modeling or related experience
- At least 1 year of lead experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Property/Casualty ratemaking theories, principles, and practices.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts.
- Proficiency in multiple tools and techniques typically employed in predictive analytics.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.