At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead Ports and Marine Engineer for our Miami, FL office. This candidate will, under supervision, perform routine assignments which are clearly defined and require the application of standard engineering techniques and procedures. The candidate must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures. It is expected that supervision will only be required in areas where precedents are not clearly established.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist more experienced engineers in broader engineering activities
- Complete independent assignments, which call for an application of specialized professional expertise
- Develop plans, specifications, schedule and cost estimates in accordance with client requirements
- Ensures that work product meets scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements
- Prepare drawings and perform calculations in support of broader engineer activities
- Prepare technical studies and reports
- Perform cost estimates for marine projects
- Assist with inspection and design which requires work both in field and office settings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college/university in Civil Engineering (BSCE) with a focus in structural engineering
- Minimum of 7+ years relevant marine engineering experience
- A working knowledge of engineering design and practices
- Competency in state-of-the-art computer programs (AutoCAD or MicroStation, ADINA, Staad.Pro or SAP2000). Familiarity with StructurePoint and Optimoor software preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and capable if working in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Master’s Degree in Engineering will be strongly considered but not required
- Candidate shall possess a Professional Engineers license or be able to obtain within 6 months