Our client is getting ready to celebrate 200 years of consistently superior service embracing their creed of performing and their values that make them a different kind of financial services organization. They are dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, they are able to provide their customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. They believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of their greatest strengths and a key measure of their success.
Location: Choice of Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Iselin, NJ, or New York, NY.
Our client's Production Services team manages the firm's core infrastructure. The team is the first line of support for any production related issues including network and telecommunications, computing (middleware), and end-user support, as well as the firm's 24×7 data center operations. The Production Services team collaborates closely with business-aligned partners in technology and with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
As a Lead Engineer, you will have the opportunity to architect and engineer an internal cloud solution. Your role will focus on building and delivering an enterprise wide OpenShift PaaS that will provide innovative self-service solutions that reduce the time the technology team takes to execute against the business' needs. You will be responsible for facilitating interdepartmental solutions, collaborating with both applications development and infrastructure teams to ensure an enterprise ready PaaS. Your position will also assume a lead role in ensuring the team is leveraging best practices (including risk and governance) related to design and enterprise business technology solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Architect, Engineer and manage the operations of the firm's OpenShift cloud platform.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology platforms focused around IaaS and PaaS platforms. Conduct technology assessments to validate an enterprise baseline and establish a technical direction.
- Coordinate, direct, and co-architect between various technology teams.
- Advise management of enterprise PaaS solutions that include, risk, cost and benefits analysis along with other impacts to infrastructure solutions.
- Set technical standards for cloud infrastructure, security baselines, policies and procedures Develop and document infrastructuresupport policies and guidelines.
- Monitor trends and recommend future architecture strategies and road maps.
- Educate and mentor technologysupport staff as needed, including requisite training on technology and governance. Research and stay current on infrastructure best practices and function as a subject matter expert.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Experience
- Experience with containerization leveraging Docker; one or more years of RedHat OpenShift and associated technologiespreferred. RedHat Cloudforms experience, including integration with OpenShift clusters.
- Familiarity with Puppet, Python, Shell Scripting, NFS/SAN, DNS.
- J2EE application server experience including WebLogic, Tomcat and JBoss Experience operating in a VMware based infrastructure.
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD processes.
- Five or more years of RedHat Linux, Windows, Networking, and/or storage management experiencepreferred. Python, NodeJS, nginx, & tomcat experiencepreferred.
- Prior experience working in the financial services sector preferred.
- F5 LTM/GTM familiarity as well as general application delivery and routing concepts, preferred. Splunk experiencepreferred.