- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- 7+ years with object-oriented programming in PHP.
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- MVC frameworks (Laravel, Yii).
- Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Redis, ActiveMQ, Solr)
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Consuming and creating web services.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
Nice to have:
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Systems integration.
- Distributed systems.
- Service oriented architecture.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Unit testing.
- Load testing.
- Page load optimization.
- Responsive design.