The Lead Performance Engineer participates in and leads the entire spectrum of tasks associated with Performance Engineering and execution for Supply Chain, Merchandising and Manufacturing applications. You will wear multiple hats. You are an experienced lead who can lead and drive performance test team members to deliver. You will work with a team of Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Software Architects, and Senior management. You are hands on and will build an automated test suite to measure system performance using JMeter and other tools, in on-premises and public cloud environments, and work with project team through the release and agile development cycle. You have solid verbal and written communication skills. You can work with geographically located team members. You work effectively with Program Management and Development. You have a passion for performance and deeply care about the end user experience.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the performance test deliverables of the project(s) in Supply Chain, Merchandising and Manufacturing
- Understand business / technical requirements and the overall business objectives of applications. Responsible for ensuring non-functional requirements for performance (such as throughput, latency, Memory/CPU usage, etc.) are met.
- Design, develop and execute overall automated Performance Test Plan to validate Load, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability standards of the application are achieved
- Develop or Automate robust performance test scripts in Apache JMeter
- Debug, troubleshoot, and work with the development engineering team to resolve and correct performance issues
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Analyze performance test results, and work with cross functional teams to identify performance bottlenecks and their root cause.
- Guide the geographically located performance test engineers on the project(s)
- 10+ years of experience in software performance engineering - Designing the workload model for usage patterns and growth projections, benchmark testing, performance test automation, results analysis, and tuning
- Must have strong performance testing experience with public cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure or GCP
- Hands on experience with:
- JMeter/ Blazemeter
- Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, CA Wily Introscope, Fluke, Splunk, BMC Patrol etc.
- Scripting and Automation (Python, Shell/Power Shell, Jenkins)
- MQ, Kafka
- Passion and drive for Performance, Scalability and Reliability of all systems in On-premises and Cloud architectures
- Experience in identifying the root cause of performance bottlenecks within a distributed environment- Load balancers, Weblogic, Database, Operating System, Network, Software and Hardware
- Experience with performance tuning including garbage collection, heap management, JVM Configuration, query optimization and other performance-associated areas
- Strong background in system architectures, high-performance computing, and distributed systems and ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
- Must be willing to work in a highly dynamic environment (with tight deadlines and everchanging priorities).
- A distinguished track record of delivering on technically demanding projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.