The Payroll Lead will manage MyFitnessPal's payroll operations function, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Process biweekly payroll for all MyFitnessPal exempt and non-exempt employees (currently US Only)
- Manage the payroll operations function, which includes timekeeping, payroll, payroll tax, and payroll accounting
- Perform tasks related to new hires, terminations, deductions, garnishments, direct deposits, etc.)
- Calculate gross-ups, pro-rations due to termination, leave of absence, new employment, or promotions
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Develop and implement best practices and report out KPIs
- Maintain teammate and benefits information, pay rates, direct deposit, and federal and state withholding elections in HRIS
- Review and interpret company policies and government regulations that impact the processing of payroll
- Responsible for all aspects of the year-end payroll process; mainly W-2 reporting
- Respond to auditor requests for payroll processes, user access, and reporting
- Issue check requests, request direct deposit reversals and stop payments
- Create the organization's annual payroll calendar with key dates
- Ensure tax compliance with federal and state tax withholding, Social Security, Medicare, work visa, etc.
- Develop internal controls, document standard operating procedures, and implement process improvements
- Certified Payroll Professionals (CPP) or other recognized payroll certification is preferred
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Business Central) is preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of employment/labor laws such as FMLA, OSHA, EEO, etc.
- Knowledge of multi-state pay laws and regulations (specifically: Texas and California)
- Project management, analytical, and process orientation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Be a Pal – be approachable and prioritize customer service
- Maintain a high level of discretion and adhere to confidentiality standards (safeguarding payroll, employee, and company information)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in H.R., Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, etc. or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience in the area of Payroll & Benefits administration
- Must have 5+ years of Payroll systems experience within a corporate environment – preferred experience with ADP or other web-based payroll systems
- Demonstrated success in managing complex and multiple organizational priorities in a fast-paced environment