- Individual accountability for site HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives
- Ensure all aspects/standards of the Responsible Care Safety Program are met
- Work with Operations Team in defined area of ownership to deliver required performance in Safety, Quality and Production
- Accountable for technical ownership of the currently defined processes in support of unit meeting or exceeding goals for HSE, Quality, Productivity, and Manufacturing Excellence objectives, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for mentoring junior OE in the corresponding area. Gives direction and guidance to the junior OE.
- Lead incremental improvement initiatives and projects to optimize existing processes.
- Supports advancement initiatives in the areas of Safety, Zero Defect, and Operations Improvement through utilization of a continuous improvement culture.
- Facilitates execution of select Site Key X’s and strategic plan initiatives to ensure the site meets its critical business objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be the senior process expert for their area of responsibility, mentoring the junior OE for the area (i.e. Gases, Derivatives and Phosphine).
- Give direction to the junior OE to manage the day to day activities for both areas (i.e. T1 and T2 Derivatives) to be able to focus more attention on the longer term improvement projects and quality initiatives.
- Establish and maintain process metrics and data, such as cycle time, OEE, cost utilization, yields, downtime tracking etc, to assure processes are in control.
- Coordinate Maintenance activities as needed in the unit to deliver necessary Safety, Quality, and Production performance.
- Take corrective action to address process deviations and find root cause to prevent future occurrence.
- Identify improvement opportunities and use Six Sigma and Lean techniques to achieve improvement.
- Lead execution of incremental process improvements (capacity, yield, cost, Lean, etc.) through the use cross functional teams.
- Lead development and execution of incremental capital improvements.
- Complete PHA’s (Process Hazard Analysis), Management of Change,, Standard Operative Procedure data sheet updates, Safety & Quality incident action items, etc., as required.
- Support investigation and resolution of safety incidents and quality complaints.
- Fill in as relief for Production Superintendent, as necessary.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years experience as an Operations Engineer
- Previous experience with gas handling (i.e. gas transport).
- Previous experience in chemical or batch distillation processing environments.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Good mentorship skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Requires regular, dependable attendance.
- Performance and Results
- Customer Focus
- Based at the Welland Site.
- Required to regularly be in production areas.
- Travels and works overtime as required to achieve Key X’s
- High pressure work environment.
- Reports to Operations Engineering Superintendent
- Interacts regularly with Operations, Technical, and Management personnel, vendors and contractors