- During dynamic validations: contributing to validation of the maintenance documentation, maintainability demonstrations, testability (troubleshooting methods), and maintenance execution (preventive and corrective)
- During warranty: coordinating Troubleshooting activities, acting as Team Leaders of the troubleshooting team.
- Maintenance Project: Supporting Amtrak personnel in the daily execution of the maintenance activities (preventive and corrective), taking care about the good execution of the Maintenance Instructions;
- Maintenance Project: Reporting issues in Maintenance execution and suggesting optimizations, in terms of technical content (to Engineering team) as well as method (to Industrial team)
- He or she is the onsite technical reference for maintenance execution, troubleshooting, and maintenance documentation as well as the link with the Sub-system Engineers.
- The Lead Onsite support engineer begins now in order to participate in trainset validation and test phases and will contribute to requirements execution in those phases, then reside in the assigned location at the beginning of train service where they will develop and lead the team of trouble-shooters and onsite maintenance support representatives.
- They provide maintenance support beginning in Validation phase, prepare and execute for revenue service at the depots
- Their combined job during validation is to fulfill one of the TCMS key user team needs, execute maintenance (corrective and planned), reporting technical anomalies, and developing maintenance execution for fleet service. Their job during warranty is to support trainset availability, oversee maintenance execution, and manage improvements to maintenance, maintenance documentation.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Each running maintenance location is allocated onsite support engineers and an onsite support lead during the TSSSA contract:
Managing technical subjects related to Train onsite maintenance
During validation phase
During warranty phase
After warranty phase
- Managing all technical subjects related to Maintenance execution, in particular:
- Team training: Troubleshooting, Maintenance, business processes
- Informing the Safety Assurance Manager of any safety hazard, so that it can be dealt appropriately.
- Then addressing the technical job for closing the issue. Responsible for the site EHS, 0 Deviation policy with respect to their job site
- Optimizing testability on-train (as a team with Troubleshooters) and off-train (in collaboration with external vendors and Alstom repair centers)
- Providing training to on-site Engineers (Train operation, Tools, Safety, Maintenance Plan Compliance, Troubleshooting)
- Provide input to project governance: Provide formal periodical reporting about progress of the activities above, making sure they are addressed according to the priorities defined at project level.
- Validation of work instructions and execute maintenance demonstrations internally and with the client.
The present open position is more precisely related to the following subject :
Maintenance execution, work instructions, maintainability, Troubleshooting, Team Lead
Position in Alstom organization :
Multiple functional relations internally and externally;
Reporting functionally and hierarchically to the TSSSA Project Engineering Manager
Market and Business Understanding
Knowledge of Alstom
Knowledge of other functional areas within the organisation
Knowledge of the domestic environment
Knowledge of the international environment
4-year Engineering degree + 2-years of APPLICABLE technical experience
2-year Engineering degree + 4-years of APPLICABLE technical experience OR
6 + years of APPLICABLE technical experience
Experience (Essential Functions)
Minimum 2 years working “hands on” around on-board equipment: design, validation, troubleshooting, maintenance…
Ideally in the environment of Rolling Stock warranty and reliability growth in the Rail industry or similar (Aviation, etc)